I don’t like getting snubbed.
I can’t imagine Paul George does either.
As the NBA All-Star Team Reserves were announced Tuesday, George was the most glaring omission. Each conference is comprised of 12 players, 5 starters and 7 reserves.
Starters are determined by 3 voting groups:
Reserves are selected by NBA coaches. And this year, rather than play East Vs. West, a playground style, pick-up game will ensue. Each conference’s top vote-getter (as per the fans), will be named “Captain”. The inaugural captains are Lebron James and Stephen Curry. They will then alternate selecting players (Lebron has 1st pick) no matter their conference.
**NBA commissioner, Adam Silver, decided not to televise the selection process, as he doesn’t want to hurt the last pick’s feelings….
(Hurt their feelings?? Are we in 2nd grade?!?! These are grown men, being paid millions to play the game of basketball, and you’re worried about their feelings over the All-Star Game?!?! Talk about a money making opportunity being flushed down the toilet!!)
Instead, Lebron and Curry’s selections will be revealed on Thursday @ 7:00 P.M. EST on TNT.
While I like the idea of “choosing up teams”, they only got this half-way right.
If you’re going to choose teams, regardless of conference, why would the voting process remain separated by conference????
All-Star voting should simply be the top-24 players in the NBA. Here are the teams, as presently constructed:
- Starter: Kyrie Irving, G, Boston Celtics
- Starter: DeMar DeRozan, G, Toronto Raptors
- Starter: LeBron James, F, Cleveland Cavaliers (Captain)
- Starter: Giannis Antetokounmpo, F, Milwaukee Bucks
- Starter: Joel Embiid, C, Philadelphia 76ers
- Reserve: Kyle Lowry, G, Toronto Raptors
- Reserve: Bradley Beal, G, Washington Wizards
- Reserve: John Wall, G, Washington Wizards
- Reserve: Victor Oladipo, G, Indiana Pacers
- Reserve: Kevin Love, F, Cleveland Cavaliers
- Reserve: Kristaps Porzingis, F, New York Knicks
- Reserve: Al Horford, C, Boston Celtics
- Starter: Stephen Curry, G, Golden State Warriors (Captain)
- Starter: James Harden, G, Houston Rockets
- Starter: Kevin Durant, F, Golden State Warriors
- Starter: Anthony Davis, F, New Orleans Pelicans
- Starter: DeMarcus Cousins, C, New Orleans Pelicans
- Reserve: Damian Lillard, G, Portland Trail Blazers
- Reserve: Klay Thompson, G, Golden State Warriors
- Reserve: Jimmy Butler, G, Minnesota Timberwolves
- Reserve: Russell Westbrook, G, Oklahoma City Thunder
- Reserve: LaMarcus Aldridge, F, San Antonio Spurs
- Reserve: Draymond Green, F, Golden State Warriors
- Reserve: Karl-Anthony Towns, C, Minnesota Timberwolves
If you say someone needs to be in, someone needs to be out….
Paul George is more deserving than Kristaps Porzingis. I love that the Knicks will be represented at All-Star Weekend, but Kristaps Porzingis DOES NOT deserve to be an All-Star. George is also more deserving than Kyle Lowry, Lamarcus Aldridge, Draymond Green, Kevin Love, and Klay Thompson. These players are having outstanding seasons, but they’re not having the season George is having.
Here are George’s stats:
20.9 points, 5.6 rebounds, 3.0 assists, 2.1 steals, 43.6 FG%, 42.2 3-point%, and 80.9 FT%
Don’t forget, George is also adjusting to life as the 2nd option, for the 1st time, in Oklahoma City. Oh, and George is the front-runner for Defensive Player of the Year.
Should Paul George be an All-Star?? Tell me in the comment section below.
You can now find me on the Radio too. Download the TuneIn Radio App and search OWWR. I’ll be on live every Wednesday from 6:00 P.M. – 8:00 P.M EST. I also broadcast every show on Facebook Live via my DaveTalksSports.com Facebook Page: http://www.Facebook.com/DaveTalksSports .
Since you enjoy my writing, follow me on twitter @DaveEttinger2 or like my page on Facebook at http://www.Facebook.com/DaveTalksSports. You can also Subscribe to my YouTube Channel: DaveTalksSports. Thanks for reading!! Now go tell all your friends!!